Power has just finally come back on.
12:14 // 15 October
(copied in from Notepad)
I hate MassElectric. Feeeeeeeerrrrrrvently. When I went to bed last night, everything was fine. When Steven woke me up this morning, the first thing out of his mouth was "I have good news and bad news." Evidently, there was an electrical fire/faulty wire/stupid person playing electrican somewhere in the complex last night which resulted in a ground fault. I guess we're kind of lucky, where we are. Our apartment straddles the line between complete power outage and normal power. Unfortunately, the lack of power has effected both our refrigerator and our stove. Nothing else in the kitchen, of course, only the important things. If I want a cup of tea, I am going to have to nuke it. Christ. So far, we've lost a gallon of milk, a full package of bacon, my pumpkin puree, and a half gallon of ice cream. I've got to get around to calling the super and asking if I can deduct the cost of things I have to replace from my rent this month. I somehow doubt it, but it's worth a try.
Of course, when I talked to the MassElectric this morning, they told me someone had to be here, just in case. I have been home, not showering in case someone was going to knock, since 7:30. I am not happy. They disappeared about an hour ago. Still no fucking electricity. Wait, looks like a couple of them are back. I just heard another tenant outside reaming one of them about how she's had to call in to work and there's been no reason for her to be here. That would be me, if I were outside. I am so not in a good mood. This week has been such complete shit.
Speaking of crappy, I have my 6 month at the end of the month. Ironically enough, I'm going to find out the status of my lungs on All Souls Day. My CT scan falls on my friend Jooly's birthday. I'm edgy about going in light of how I've felt recently. I've been insanely tired (might be from insomnia), I've been getting nosebleeds, I've found a few ugly little bruises in odd spots, and I have a couple little wounds that simply refuse to heal. I don't want to go and hear that my nodules have gotten bigger. It's been a year and a half of check ups and so far, so good. If this one goes well, only three more years.
I need a shower wicked bad. I'm guessing I could sneak in a quick one without anyone coming to the door.
Here's Laura's survey. Yay!
SECTION 1: (You)
* Your name: Samantha
* Your gender: female
* Age: 23
* Height: 5'3
* Hair color/style: strawberry blonde darkening to winter auburn, curly and longish
* Eye color: hazel
* Marital status: SO
* Your location: Weymouth
* Talents: no gag reflex, double jointed, singing
* Fears: I have a few
SECTION 2: (Have you ever...?)
* Peed your pants: I was a hideous child to potty train
* Cheated on someone?: yep
* Fallen off the bed?: yes
* Fallen for a relative?: My relatives are all too scary
* Had plastic surgery?: with these knockers, eventually. Especially if I lose weight and they stay the same size.
* Broke someone's heart?: probably
* Had your heart broken?: nope
* Had a dream come true: yep
* Done something you regret?: who hasn't?
* Cheated on a test?: no
* Been raped?: I'm going with Laura. What kind of question is that?
* Broken a body part?: yes
SECTION 3: (Whatcha doin' now?)
* Wearing: my black satin PJs and hot pink and silver knickers
* Listening to: news
* Chewing: nothing
* Feeling: pissy
* Reading: journals
* Located: my living room
* Chatting with: Laura
* Watching: TV news
* Should REALLY be: I'd be home at this time anyway.
SECTION 4: (Do you...?)
* Brush your teeth?: Yep
* Like anybody?: depends on the day
* Have any piercings?: 7
* Drive? yes
* Believe in Santa Claus?: of course, we're tight. At least, that's what I tell my stepson.
* Ever get off the computer?: yep
SECTION 5: (Friends...?)
* Who is your best?: Dawn
* Who is the loudest?: they're all kind of quiet
* Who is the shyest?: Joy
* Who is the 'hottest'?: me!
* Who is the cutest?: me, damnit!
* Who laughs the most?: not sure
* Who have you known the longest?: Dawn
* Who have you known the shortest?: most of the people I met through Steven
* Do you belong to a crew?: no
* Do you hang out with the opposite sex?: yes
* Do you consider yourself POPULAR?: hell, yea
* Do you trust your friends?: generally
* Are you a good friend?: I guess
* Can you keep a secret?: yes
SECTION 6: (The last person you...?)
* Hugged online: Steven
* IMed: Laura
* Talked to on the phone: my mom
* Yelled at: Steven
* Tripped: myself
* Turned down: no one. I'm weakwilled.
SECTION 7: (Personal)
* What do you want to be when you grow up?: I'm going to teach
* What was the worst day of your life?: birth?
* What is your most embarrassing story?: There are loads.
* What has been the best day of your life?: Let's see.. Not married, no kids... According to society, I haven't had any good days yet.
* What comes first in your life?: showering
* Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend/crush?: yes
* If you had an extra set of eyes where would you put them?: back of my head
* What do you usually think about before you go to bed?: why can't I fall asleep.
SECTION 8: (Favorite...?)
* Relative: my grandparents
* Sport: baseball or hockey
* Vacation spot: Europe
* Ice cream flavor: peppermint stick
* Fruit: pomegranates
* Holiday: Halloween
* Day of the week: Friday
* Colour: violet
* Magazine: Playboy
* Name for a girl: Calico
* Name for a boy: Talisin
SECTION 9: (Do you...?)
* Like to give hugs?: no, but lots of people hug me.
* Like to walk in the rain?: if it's warm.
* Sleep with or without clothes on?: naked
* Prefer black or blue pens?: blue
* Dress up on halloween?: Yes
* Have a job?: no
* Like to travel?: yes
* Like someone?: yes
* Sleep on your side, tummy or back?: Side. I wheeze on my back.
* Think you're attractive?: I guess sometimes
* Want to marry?: in a couple years. LAURA! I'll marry you and we can both have super pretty dresses!
* Have a goldfish?: Nope. A pleco named Ugly and a fat little baby molly
* Ever have the falling dream?: yes
* Have stuffed animals?: not really
* Go on vacation?: not recently
SECTION 10: (What do you think about...?)
* Abortion: Should be up to the person having it.
* Bill Clinton: is highly amusing
* Eating disorders: meh
* Suicide: Meh
* Summer: I love summer
* Tattoos: I like them
* Piercings: "
* Make-up: is ok sparingly
* Drinking: socially
* Guys: have penisies (penii?)
* Girls: don't.
SECTION 11: (This or that?)
* Pierced nose or tongue?: nose
* Be serious or funny?: serious
* Single or taken?: taken
* Simple or complicated?: I wish things were simple.
* Law or anarchy?: law
* MTV or BET?: M2
* 7th heaven or dawson's creek?: nope
* Sugar or salt?: saaaaaaalt
* Silver or gold?: Silver
* Tongue or belly button ring?: nose
* Chocolate or flowers?: flowers
* Angels or miracles?: miracles
* Colour or black-and-white photos?: B/W
* Sunrise or sunset?: Sunset
* M&M's or Skittles?: skittles
* Rap or rock?: Rock
* Stay up late or sleep in?: both..?
* TV or radio?: depends
* Hot or cold?: comfortable
* Taller members of the opposite sex or shorter?: Taller than me
* Sun or moon?: Moon
* Diamond or ruby?: ruby
* Left or right?: either
* 10 acquaintances or one best friend?: Best Friend
* Vanilla or chocolate?: chocolate
* Kids or no kids?: kids
* Cat or dog?: Both!!
* Half-empty or half-full?: Both
* Mustard or ketchup?: Ketchup
* Newspaper or magazine?: Newspaper
* Give or receive?: give
* Rain or snow?: Rain
* Lace or satin?: satin
* A year of hot sex or a lifetime of friendship?: Friendship
* Happy or sad?: happy
* Corduroy or plaid?: Plaid!
* Wonder or amazement?: wonder
* Sneakers or sandals?: Sandals
* McDonald's or Burger King?: WENDYS
* Mexican or italian food?: mexican
* Lights on or off? on
* Duct tape or scotch tape?: Duct, always
* Candy or pop?: soda
* A house in the woods or the city?: city
* Pepsi or coke?: pepsi
* Nike or adidas?: Skechers
SECTION 12: (Other questions...)
* Do you go to church?: sometimes
* Do you like church?: eh.
* Why or why not?: it's quiet.
* What's your favorite kind of tree?: cherry
* Out of all your friends, who has the coolest house?: Sam R.